Wednesday, March 10

you're getting old


For the first time since I've known him, J was excited about his birthday so I wanted to make sure he had a special night. We feasted on an incredibly delicious vegan Mexican dinner at the new Gracias Madre. I was very skeptical since it is sprouted from the raw Cafe Gratitude where I felt snubbed for not being hippy or white enough. But they did it right, so right. I want to eat here once a week for dinner and once a week for lunch. It's dangerously close to work, but good thing I'm too busy during the day to even think about walking to get food. Creamy cashew cheese, spicy mole, oozing warm chocolate sauce.

There were tears at the dinner table. I can't tell you why just yet, but it made us both so grateful for the friendships we've made in San Francisco. We have our own little family here and like my Popi used to say, a family that eats together, stays together.

No comments: