Tuesday, January 17

Butterfly Beach

Can you believe that this stretch of Santa Barbara ocean was sunny, even warm on the day after Christmas? With all the day trips and one nighters I've been taking, I somehow never fit in a walk on the beach, and on this day it was one of the best things we did.
December ocean
In all my time spent living four blocks from the ocean, I also hardly ever stepped foot near the water, but that's because of the oil rigs just off the coast that leave you covered in tar. But on this little piece of heaven, Butterfly Beach, right in front of The Four Seasons, that somehow doesn't happen. This is a good place to be alone and hear what the waves have to say.

2 comments:

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

You are so right about this magical spot, thanks for sharing it with us!

mari said...

oh yea I forgot you went there too! Special places shared by special people.