Friday, July 1

It's maybe the hardest thing for me to do: rest. I can easily enjoy set aside time to lounge, read, write, take it all in, but when I am forced to stay at home, in bed or on the couch it shakes me up, leaves me uncomfortable and stale. And that's how it's been for the past couple of days after a night in the bathroom, fainting in the bathroom, seven hours in the ER, and lots of sips of water. I still don't know what, how, or why it happened, but it was the last night of my work conference, all 50 of us in the same hotel in Little Tokyo, planning to wake up to all get on a bus to head to the Venice office in the morning, and I was miserable. Jorge rescued me, but the car ride home scared the hell out of me. Because of abdominal pain, the doctor was worried of appendicitis, so I had my first cat scan. It came back clear and I was able to go home.

I was supposed to be in Palm Springs right now. I haven't had the energy to unpack my suitcase yet, and I'm secretly hoping to get away for a day this weekend and be able to just zip up and go. I need to find a pool, some shade, and mild food because I can not wait to get off this brat diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel better, marisa xoxo